Select Page

Holiday Home

Holiday home insurance covers apartments, flats, cottages, chalets or second homes all year round, whether they are used by you or let to others…

Get in touch

Holiday homes can be difficult to cover under standard insurance policies. Adler Fairways have developed a package of non-standard insurance products to cover your holiday home against many eventualities. Unlike standard insurance, our policies can cater for when the property is left unoccupied for long periods of time or if you are looking to rent it out when you are not there.

As a specialist home insurance broker, we provide a tailored service that offers a full range of holiday home insurance products for people who own properties which are not their main residence. Cover is available for commercial holiday homes or just family and friends, and we can usually offer cover for European holiday homes as well as in UK. Contents cover can also be offered as part of a combined holiday home insurance package or on its own.

Main policy features *

Features typically include:

  • Cost of temporary accommodation and loss of pre-booked rental income following loss or damage to your buildings
  • £5m property owner’s liability
  • Personal effects contained in your home included within your contents cover
  • Use when let to family, friends and others
  • Accidental damage cover for your buildings and contents while let (as long as proof of a signed rental agreement can be provided)
  • Cover under your contents insurance for replacement locks if your keys are lost or stolen
  • Cover of up to £500 for personal effects contained in the home and £100 for money included within your contents cover.

Typical exclusions:

  • The first £100 of every claim (standard excess), except for an escape of water claim where the excess is £500, and a subsidence and landslip claim where you would need to pay the first £1,000
  • Accidental damage cover is not provided when the accommodation has been sub-let
  • Cover is not available for earthquakes in Greece and Italy
  • We currently don’t cover subsidence, heave and landslip in Italy, Greece, Southern Cyprus, Bulgaria and Southern Ireland
  • When the holiday home is unoccupied, cover is not available for escape of water unless certain conditions are met.

    *  This information is a general guide only.  Adler Fairways will assess your requirements and recommend a bespoke range of insurance solutions to meet your needs.  As part of the quotation process, we will provide full details of the specific coverage, benefits, limits, premiums, exclusions, excesses payable, and any other policy conditions that would apply to the insurance we recommend for you.  We currently only offer cover to businesses registered in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.

    Words from our clients…