Roofers & Scaffolders
These occupations involve regular working at height, and roofers work could also extend to include the use of heat, so these two elements are particularly prone to risks…
You run a high risk business that could involve employees falling from height or tools and materials causing bodily injury or property damage. So it’s good practice to ensure that you, your employees, your customers and their properties, are properly protected should something go wrong.
Our roofing contractor insurance is suitable for contractors who specialise across a wide range of roofing areas such as slating and tiling, flat and felt roofing, industrial sheeting and cladding. It can also provide cover for heritage roofing, lead, zinc and copper roofing as well as green roofing and waterproof coatings.
Insuring scaffolders or roofers is not as simple as other trades due to the heights and the added risk that it brings. Ensuring you are fully covered is vital. Adler Fairways can arrange covers for your business including public liability insurance, employers liability insurance and additional covers such as tools and contract works. These can be combined into a single policy to provide you with the best value, whether you have a number of employees or are self-employed.
Main policy features *
Typical features of cover include employers liability. public and products liability, financial loss, professional indemnity, contractors all risks, property, business interruption, money and goods in transit.
Additional features can include:
- No height limit on roofing work undertaken
- Protection against heat damage whilst working
- Non-notifiable asbestos removal
- A dedicated UK in-house claims service
- Free 24-hour helpline service to provide legal advice.
Typical exclusions include:
- Spectator stand erection (only typical for scaffolders)
- Pollution and contamination other than accidental, sudden and unforeseen
- Hazardous locations
- Theft of tools from unattended vehicles
* This information is a general guide only. Adler Fairways will assess your requirements and recommend a bespoke range of insurance solutions to meet your needs. As part of the quotation process, we will provide full details of the specific coverage, benefits, limits, premiums, exclusions, excesses payable, and any other policy conditions that would apply to the insurance we recommend for you. We currently only offer cover to businesses registered in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.