Select Page

Agriculture & Farming Insurance

Specialist agriculture and farm insurance tailored to your business.

From smallholdings to large commercial farms, to farms seeking to diversify their business, our agriculture insurance specialists at Farm & General are on hand to provide you with expert advice and bespoke farming insurance solutions tailored to the unique needs of your business.

A part of Adler Fairways Group, Farm and General has over 70 years’ combined experience in farming and horticultural insurance. The team have a genuine passion for the sector, unrivalled dedication to protecting people’s livelihood and a commitment to advancing the insurance industry to deliver better outcomes for clients.

With access to a wide range of specialist insurers as well as their own bespoke policies, Farm & General can source a variety of covers including but not limited to the below:


  • Arable Farm Insurance
  • Livestock Insurance
  • Fruit and Horticulture Insurance
  • Farm Diversification Insurance
  • Agriculture Vehicle Insurance
  • Environmental Impairment Liability (EIL)
  • Public Liability
  • Property Owners Liability

 Visit Farm & General

To find out more or to obtain a quote, visit or contact our specialist team on 01590 624399 or via email at  


    What does farm vehicle insurance cover?

    Farm vehicle insurance ranges from cover for agricultural fleets (including all terrain vehicles, quad bikes and self-propelled implements) to single tractors. Cover typically includes the following however be sure to read any terms and conditions and fully review the policy to ensure you are aware of the coverage offered.

    • Fire lighting or explosion
    • Theft or attempted theft, liability for amounts you or your employees legally have to pay for causing death, injury or damage to property, as covered by your Certificate of Motor Insurance
    • Legal costs arising out of an insured accident
    • Personal accident benefits, emergency treatment and medical expenses
    • Repair or replacement windscreen or window damage
    • Trailers, agricultural implements or machines

    How much does farm insurance cost?

    There are varying factors that determine the premiums you will pay to insure your farm. Size, type of business, location, number of employees, value of machinery, tools and livestock are just a few factors. As an example, a small farm up to 100 acres with £45,000 farm buildings cover, plus a range of cover included for produce, machinery, tools, livestock and a riding track could have a premium starting at around £480.00. A specialist agriculture and farm insurance broker will be able to provide expert advice on the type of cover you need and liaise with leading insurers to source the right cover at competitive premiums.

    Farm & General Insurance Consultants Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.  FCA Registered number: 308583 and is part of Adler Fairways Insurance Brokers Limited. Registered address in England and Wales at: 22 Mount Ephraim, Tunbridge Wells Kent TN4 8AS