Everyone has a legal duty to behave in a reasonable manner towards others. Those who fail to do so will be legally obliged to pay compensation to anyone who is injured or whose property is damaged as a result of their actions. These liabilities may arise through the careless or negligent acts of business owners and their employees.
Adler Fairways can help you assess the potential risks to your business and source the appropriate cover.
For example, if you fail to maintain your premises properly and a visitor is injured, they may make a claim against you. Compensation could include financial recompense for any expenses incurred, loss of earnings, possible loss of future earnings, and pain and suffering.
Third party liability insurance covers the cost of compensation to third parties for death, injury or damage to their property, which happens as a result of a firm’s business activities.
Third party liability insurance is not usually compulsory by law, except for a very limited number of businesses which are covered by specific legislation, such as riding schools. However, customers may require businesses to have public liability cover as a condition of awarding a contract and will ask for confirmation that cover is in force.
Main policy features *
- Flexible limits of cover, with varying levels of indemnity up to £10m
- Contract works, to protect the materials you are using both on site and in transit
- Options to extend to cover your tools and plant
- Option to extend to cover temporary employees.
Typical exclusions include:
- Liability arising from work in or on aircraft/watercraft, or at airports or aerodromes in areas with aircraft access
- Design, advise and treatment
- Legal liability for which compulsory motor insurance is required
- Liquidated damages, fines and penalties
- Pollution and contamination unless pollution or contamination is sudden or unforeseen
- Rectification of defects.
* This information is a general guide only. Adler Fairways will assess your requirements and recommend a bespoke range of insurance solutions to meet your needs. As part of the quotation process, we will provide full details of the specific coverage, benefits, limits, premiums, exclusions, excesses payable, and any other policy conditions that would apply to the insurance we recommend for you. We currently only offer cover to businesses registered in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.