Select Page


A fleet insurance policy is often made up of various sections of cover, specifically designed to suit the needs of your business.

Get in touch

With over 30 years’ experience in fleet insurance, our team of specialist brokers are on hand to put together a policy to suit your business needs.

If you have a fleet of vehicles, whether that be large or small, Adler Fairways’ fleet team can arrange and manage the the necessary cover for your business. Our professional and efficient support includes providing dedicated account and claims handlers, and our risk management support helps to protect your staff safety and keep your vehicles on the road.

We offer a specialist mini-fleet product to give you an efficient insurance service whilst looking after your businesses insurance requirements. For fleets with six or more vehicles we provide dedicated account, claims and risk management support which is all part of the service to ensure your staff are safe and your vehicles remain on the road.

Fleet insurance policies are generally categorised depending on the number of vehicles and split between HGV Commercial Vehicles, non-HGV Commercial Vehicles, Private Cars and Special Type Vehicles e.g. items of plant requiring Road Traffic Act cover etc…

An account executive will be allocated to provide you with the necessary advice and then lead the management of your insurance programme to ensure you have the right cover for your business needs and our claims team (using our telematics systems) will work with you to help manage your risks more effectively.

Main policy features *

  • Risk management services, through forward-facing accident recording cameras, GPS tracking devices, driver training, health and safety advice, and fleet management consultancy
  • Commercial vehicle insurance – comprehensive, third party fire and theft, or third party only options
  • Goods in transit insurance, with all risks, or for hauliers (including warehouse-keepers) or couriers a Freight Liability Insurance indemnifying the customers goods in your custody under the terms of the conditions you operate under, whether that be RHA, CMR, UKWA
  • Public liability – limits are available to suit your requirements
  • Employer’s liability with a minimum £10m limit of indemnity – higher limits are available to suit your requirements
  • Legal expenses, of up to £100,000 cover for legal costs incurred following a motor related incident with a negligent third party, and up to £10,000 for legal costs incurred for motoring convictions
  • Engineering cover, for unforeseen damage including breakdown and statutory HSE /LOLER /PUWER Inspections, for commercial vehicles fitted with mounted cranes, grabs, etc.
  • Income protection in the event of personal accident, sickness or loss of licence
  • Breakdown recovery in the UK and Europe for vehicles up to 15 years old
  • Property cover, for everything from your office buildings, stock and tools
  • Business interruption.

 Typical policy exclusions include:

  • Motor – claims for liability that you have assumed in contract, unless you would have incurred the same liability without entering into the contract
  • Motor – theft if keys left in or on the vehicle
  • Goods in transit – theft of property from unattended vehicles, unless the vehicle is in a locked building or compound controlled by security personnel
  • Income protection – cover is subject to a declaration of health, and may be offered excluding any illness or injury that existed on the date of entry into the scheme or at each renewal
  • Income protection – loss of licence must occur within two years of sickness or injury for the benefit to become payable.

    *  This information is a general guide only.  Adler Fairways will assess your requirements and recommend a bespoke range of insurance solutions to meet your needs.  As part of the quotation process, we will provide full details of the specific coverage, benefits, limits, premiums, exclusions, excesses payable, and any other policy conditions that would apply to the insurance we recommend for you.  We currently only offer cover to businesses registered in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.

    Words from our clients…