In the event that your home or other property becomes unoccupied for an extended period of time, standard buildings insurance may not cover the property. Specialist unoccupied property or unoccupied home insurance can cover your property during these periods of vacancy, protecting you from loss and damage…
This cover is ideal for unoccupied or empty properties undergoing renovation or refurbishment, awaiting probate, sale or occupation, or left vacant while the owner is at a second property, abroad, hospitalised or taken into care.
Adler Fairways can arrange insurance for almost any property, from residential to commercial, even if it is not of standard construction. We have flexible policies starting from 90 days, which we can tailor to your needs.
Main policy features *
Cover usually features:
- Fire, explosion, lightning and earthquake
- Smoke damage, vandalism, storm and flood, theft and attempted theft
- Escape of water
- Protection against vandalism
- Cover for damage caused by water or subsidence
- Contents cover up to £20,000
- Theft from garages and outbuildings up to £500
- Up to £2m property owners liability
- Cover whilst renovations are ongoing, including decorating, installing new plumbing, central heating, alterations to non-load-bearing walls, extensions and re-wiring.
Typical policy exclusions:
- The first £250 of each claim
- The first £1,000 of each claim for subsidence, heave and landslips
- The first £1,000 of each claim for escape of water (unless the heating is left on, in which case the excess is increased to £2,500)
- The property must be in a good state of repair
- Properties should not be boarded up and should appear tidy from the outside
- All properties must have key window locks and
5-lever mortise deadlocks
- Major works, such as extensions and structural repairs. Roofing can be considered for limited perils only
- Damage caused by contractors, who should have their own insurance.
* This information is a general guide only. Adler Fairways will assess your requirements and recommend a bespoke range of insurance solutions to meet your needs. As part of the quotation process, we will provide full details of the specific coverage, benefits, limits, premiums, exclusions, excesses payable, and any other policy conditions that would apply to the insurance we recommend for you. We currently only offer cover to businesses registered in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
Words from our clients…
Elwood & Co Ltd,
“Having dealt with Adler Fairways over the past few years I would like to say how efficient the company is regarding quoting and claims. All the staff are very helpful and excellent to deal with. We manage a large portfolio of property in the Oxford area and their response for claims is second to none. They respond to every question within a short space of time and keep me updated with every claim. Without doubt, the best broker I have dealt in recent years.”
“Demma Group are existing clients of Adler Fairways and we have remained with them since 2013 due to the ultimate service we have received. Their professional manner on all levels and in every area of Insurance is faultless and I have never been given less than 100% commitment from all employees within this company. I would not hesitate to recommend their services to any company we are associated with. Looking forward to our next renewal with Adler Fairways.”
“Knowing that your insurance company are always available to discuss any issues that may arise and that they are then prepared to take over and deal with everything is a real bonus.”
“Adler Fairways are experts when it comes to insurance. We have been with Adler Fairways for the last couple of years in a personal and business capacity. Nothing is too much trouble and their knowledge of the insurance industry is truly outstanding. It is always pleasure doing business with them.”
Reirse Ryan Ltd,
“Since 2012, as a company, we have gradually transferred all of our Insurance business across to Adler Fairways. This strategy was primarily a commercial, cost based decision and continues to be so, but equally important is the personal relationship that has developed since, together with the specialist advice that has always been provided when requested.”
“We have worked with Adler Fairways for over five years and they have always offered comprehensive advice and have a very good understanding of our company requirements. We have an excellent working relationship with Adler Fairways and any claims or advice are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.”
Salter Rex LLP,
“Adler Fairways have supported Salter Rex for over ten years for all our property and commercial insurance needs and always on hand when we have needed them most. We have always been impressed with their approach and manner in dealing with us and our customers from a day to day servicing point of view and also in dealing with our clients’ claims. We continue to have a healthy working relationship and anticipate a strong and successful future with Adler Fairways as our Broker.”
“Our business moved across to Adler Fairways several years ago and to be honest we have not looked back. We have been very impressed with their no nonsense approach along with the company’s initiative in making an extra effort for its customers. We can be nothing other than complimentary on the services they provide. Their commitment to providing an exceptional service has been second to none and we anticipate a long working relationship in the future. ”
TES Environmental Services Ltd,
“We have worked closely with Adler Fairways for over the last 10 years and trust their professionalism and excellent knowledge in the insurance field. At no point have we been failed on services provided and a particular thank you goes to Darren Hunt and his attention to details that is invaluable and key to the progression of our company.”