Select Page

Unoccupied Home

In the event that your home or other property becomes unoccupied for an extended period of time, standard buildings insurance may not cover the property. Specialist unoccupied property or unoccupied home insurance can cover your property during these periods of vacancy, protecting you from loss and damage…

Get in touch

This cover is ideal for unoccupied or empty properties undergoing renovation or refurbishment, awaiting probate, sale or occupation, or left vacant while the owner is at a second property, abroad, hospitalised or taken into care.

Adler Fairways can arrange insurance for almost any property, from residential to commercial, even if it is not of standard construction. We have flexible policies starting from 90 days, which we can tailor to your needs.

Main policy features *

Cover usually features:

  • Fire, explosion, lightning and earthquake
  • Smoke damage, vandalism, storm and flood, theft and attempted theft
  • Escape of water
  • Protection against vandalism
  • Cover for damage caused by water or subsidence
  • Contents cover up to £20,000
  • Theft from garages and outbuildings up to £500
  • Up to £2m property owners liability
  • Cover whilst renovations are ongoing, including decorating, installing new plumbing, central heating, alterations to non-load-bearing walls, extensions and re-wiring.

Typical policy exclusions:

  • The first £250 of each claim
  • The first £1,000 of each claim for subsidence, heave and landslips
  • The first £1,000 of each claim for escape of water (unless the heating is left on, in which case the excess is increased to £2,500)
  • The property must be in a good state of repair
  • Properties should not be boarded up and should appear tidy from the outside
  • All properties must have key window locks and
    5-lever mortise deadlocks
  • Major works, such as extensions and structural repairs. Roofing can be considered for limited perils only
  • Damage caused by contractors, who should have their own insurance.

    *  This information is a general guide only.  Adler Fairways will assess your requirements and recommend a bespoke range of insurance solutions to meet your needs.  As part of the quotation process, we will provide full details of the specific coverage, benefits, limits, premiums, exclusions, excesses payable, and any other policy conditions that would apply to the insurance we recommend for you.  We currently only offer cover to businesses registered in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.

    Words from our clients…