Select Page


Insurance to meet the specialist needs of demolition contractors, and other trades engaged in the demolition industry, can be expensive and difficult to find…

Get in touch

Demolition work inherently presents a high level of liability and responsibility for the contractor, and it is vital that your demolition insurance comprehensively covers this exposure.

Many insurers apply stringent conditions and restrictions on demolition insurance, that you must observe.  Our specialist team at Adler Fairways has the knowledge and experience to help you comply with these requirements. We also work closely with you to assess your risk exposure and support you with strategies to address specific issues. This approach enables you to gain the optimum protection for your business, in terms of price and quality of cover.

Main policy features *

  • Employer liability available in excess of the standard £10m
  • Public, products and pollution liability
  • Contract works, to protect the materials you are using both on site and in transit
  • Financial loss
  • Personal accident
  • Rehabilitation
  • Contaminated land expenses
  • Crisis containment
  • Online health and safety training.

Optional extensions and quotations are available for:

  • Hazardous locations
  • Tools and plant
  • Temporary employees
  • Asbestos removal
  • Use of explosives
  • One-drop method
  • Recycling and waste disposal.

Typical exclusions:

  • the ownership, operation or use of any swing ball and chain or similar apparatus
  • the use of explosives of any nature
  • the demolition of any structure in one sudden or uninterrupted process without the use of explosives.

*  This information is a general guide only.  Adler Fairways will assess your requirements and recommend a bespoke range of insurance solutions to meet your needs.  As part of the quotation process, we will provide full details of the specific coverage, benefits, limits, premiums, exclusions, excesses payable, and any other policy conditions that would apply to the insurance we recommend for you.  We currently only offer cover to businesses registered in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.

Words from our clients…