If you are offering a service to the public, whether as an expert in your field, business adviser, management consultant or any other professional occupation, there will be times when you need some extra support with issues which fall outside of your control…
Everyone should have confidence in their expertise and skills. However, mistakes and oversights can happen. Professional indemnity insurance is there to protect you if your client suffers a financial loss through your work for them.
If your business gives advice, offers a professional service, or handles data or intellectual property belonging to a client or business, you could at some point need professional indemnity insurance. This cover is there to protect you against the cost of a claim made against you for negligence or a mistake that leaves the client out of pocket. Even if you’ve done nothing wrong, the cost of defending yourself against these claims can be very high. Professional indemnity cover can help protect you and your business from this.
Main policy features *
- Public liability, to cover you should you be sued by a member of the public if they are injured as a result of your negligence
- Products liability, should any of your products cause harm to a member of the public
- Professional indemnity, should the advice or guidance that you give to your clients be incorrect and leads to loss or injury to them
- Libel and slander, to cover you should someone feel that you have written or said something about them that is inappropriate.
- Bodily injury to an employed person (this would fall under employer liability insurance, which we also offer)
- Damage to property owned or in your custody and control
- Legal liability for which compulsory motor insurance is required
- Liquidated damages, fines and penalties
- Pollution and contamination unless pollution or contamination is sudden or unforeseen.
* This information is a general guide only. Adler Fairways will assess your requirements and recommend a bespoke range of insurance solutions to meet your needs. As part of the quotation process, we will provide full details of the specific coverage, benefits, limits, premiums, exclusions, excesses payable, and any other policy conditions that would apply to the insurance we recommend for you. We currently only offer cover to businesses registered in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.