Civil Engineers and Groundworkers
Civil engineers and groundworkers are usually the first trades on site and the last trades off site. You work in high-risk environments on a daily basis and need insurance to protect against the perils you face….
Civil engineers and groundworkers insurance can include public liability insurance which will protect you in the event of a third party claim such as bodily injury or damage to property that may accidentally occur during the day to day running of your business. If your business employs any staff including full-time, part-time, apprentices or temporary employees, UK law requires you to have employers liability insurance
Insurers tend to believe that groundworkers and civil engineers pose a potentially high risk under public liability insurance. On the face of it working at ground level seems low risk, however the high risk element can be working at depth or subterranean works where damage can be done to services, pipes, and cables.
Main policy features *
- Third party liability insurance
- Employer liability from £10m
- Temporary employee protection with employers’ liability
- Contractors all-risks cover, which can include hired-in plant, own plant cover, contract works and JCT 21.2.1 cover.
- Professional indemnity
* This information is a general guide only. Adler Fairways will assess your requirements and recommend a bespoke range of insurance solutions to meet your needs. As part of the quotation process, we will provide full details of the specific coverage, benefits, limits, premiums, exclusions, excesses payable, and any other policy conditions that would apply to the insurance we recommend for you. We currently only offer cover to businesses registered in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.